Storm Damage Cleanup Companies In Haverstraw (Town), NY
When you face the daunting task of cleaning up after storms, call Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc. at 845-382-8222. Our company has the experience, certifications and expertise to handle storm damage cleanup efficiently in Haverstraw (Town), NY. Our company follows following all industry standards and federal, local, and state guidelines. Our reputation for courteous service and prompt service means that we are at the ready to answer your call 24/7!
Considering Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup services in Rockland County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified experts can help. Call 845-382-8222 and speak to a specialist Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup Company and learn more about our Strom Damage Cleanup methods.
Types of Storm Damage In Haverstraw (Town)?
Storms of varying intensities are a fact of life in our world. And these storms can have a devastating effect on some part or parts of our home's structure. Insurance companies report that one of the most significant causes of claims in our country are storms. Storms can produce the wind, water, and hail that damage a home.
- Foundation damage - Saturated ground from rain events can cause cracking and uneven settlement in a house's foundation due to loss of structural integrity.
- Roof damage- Roofs- or parts of a roof - may be blown off by the wind. And wind can cause flying debris and even trees to impact a roof. A roof can be damaged by water if there are any points of entry - no matter how small.
- Interior damage- Water can create havoc on the inside of a home. Structural parts, building materials, and the contents of a home all may fall victim to storm surges, floods, and heavy rains.
- Electrical damage - The Insurance Institute reports that homeowners made 908.9 million dollars in claims related to lightning in 2018, with an average claim of $11,688. The main electrical system and electronics are all subject to damage.
- Siding damage- Hail can dent siding, causing the need for siding replacement. Wind can pull off any number of pieces of siding.
- Doors and windows- Flying debris can break any glass in doors or windows. If water is involved, that water can enter through any gap or crack and lead to deterioration of a window or door's framing system.
- Total home catastrophe - Severe events such as hurricanes, typhoons, floods, tornadoes, and storm surges can lead to the complete loss of a home or major damage at the least.
Looking for Strom Damage Cleanup services in Rockland County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified professionals can help. Call 845-382-8222 now to talk to a professional Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup Contractor today to learn more about our Strom Damage Cleanup methods.
Protecting Your Home From Storm Damage in Haverstraw (Town), NY?
Be proactive and take steps to minimize or eliminate damage to your home due to storms. An essential piece for you to consider is your home owner's insurance. Is your policy up to date, and does it reflect actual replacement values that you might need given a loss? Ten other steps that you can take are outlined here as well.
- Your ground should be sloped away from your house. The Department of Energy recommendation is six inches for every ten feet. This will keep water flowing away - not directed at - your home.
- Sump pumps or other water removal systems in your basement or crawl space should be maintained and checked regularly to ensure that sure they are operating at full efficiency.
- Surge protectors should be used in your home for all electronic devices. During any storm, you should not use electronics.
- Roof shingles should not be excessively worn, chipped, or missing. Verify that any siding on the home is secure.
- Seals around all windows and doors should be tight to prevent water intrusion.
- Garage doors can be reinforced.
- Professionally installed permanent storm coverings for windows may be used. Other homeowners have coverings available - typically of wood - for use when needed. If window coverings are portable, make sure that the coverings are already cut to fit. They each should be labeled clearly to indicate which window the covering should be affixed to.
- Trim trees and bushes to remove dead branches. You may even want to remove any trees that may fall on your home. Also, make sure that there are not dead branches lying around in your yard.
- Fences, if installed, should be in good condition with no loose parts that become flying debris.
- Regulary inspect your gutters and downspouts to make sure they are free of debris and unclogged to allow for proper movement of water away from your roof.
If you need Strom Damage Cleanup services in Rockland County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified professionals can help. Call 845-382-8222 now to talk to a professional Strom Damage Cleanup today and learn more about our Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup methods.
Should I Handle Storm Damage Cleanup Myself In My Haverstraw (Town), New York?
Storm damage cleanup should be left to a professional if the storm has caused water intrusion or there is structural damage. If there has been water intrusion, they will have the water extraction and drying equipment necessary. With regards to the drying process, different temperatures, techniques, and times are required depending on the material to be dried. Decisions as to what contents and building materials can be salvaged need to be made. If the damage to the home is extensive, it may even be unsafe to enter the house. An assessment of the home's condition - electrical, mechanical, and structural, should be made. If water was involved, then the EPA warns that mold may develop and that the water may be contaminated, affecting the air quality in the home. Those situations call for someone experienced in wearing the proper safety gear following OSHA regulations be on site. If mold is determined to be present, then containment and negative air pressure will need to be set up before the mold is removed. Sanitization may need to accomplished using the appropriate products. Other debris may need to be hauled away and may involve heavy equipment. As you can see, cleanup may be a complicated process involving the assessment and remediation of multiple types of damage.
Looking for Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup services in Rockland County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified professionals can help. Call 845-382-8222 now to talk to a professional Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup Service today to learn more about our Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup methods.
LOCAL SERVICE AREA
SERVICE AREA COUNTY
SERVICES AREA CITIES
SERVICE AREA ZIP CODES
10974, 10993, 10923, 10984, 10927, 10980, 10970
- Snow and Ice Damage Repair in Haverstraw (Town), New York, 10923
- Infection Control in Haverstraw (Town), New York, 10923
- Biohazard Cleanup in Haverstraw (Town), New York, 10923
- Construction Services in Haverstraw (Town), New York, 10923
- Sewage Cleanup in Haverstraw (Town), New York, 10923
- Mold Remediation in Haverstraw (Town), New York, 10923
- Fire Damage Restoration in Haverstraw (Town), New York, 10923
- Water Removal in Haverstraw (Town), New York, 10923