How to Choose an Automatic Sump Pump
When your basement begins to flood, it’s time to consider purchasing a sump pump to keep the water out. Sump pumps come in both automatic and manual models, and it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. Here are seven factors you should consider when choosing an automatic sump pump.
1. The cost of the sump pump. You’ll want to factor in the initial cost of the pump as well as the ongoing costs of electricity or batteries.
2. The size of the pump. Make sure you get a pump that’s big enough to handle the amount of water you’re likely to get in your basement.
3. The brand of the pump. Some brands are more reliable than others, so you’ll want to research this before making a purchase.
4. Whether you need a backup pump. If your basement floods frequently, you may want to consider getting a second pump that can kick in if the first one fails.
5. The warranty. Make sure you understand the terms of the warranty before you buy a pump.
6. The return policy. In case the pump doesn’t work out, it’s important to know if you can return it and get your money back.
7. The installation. Some pumps are easier to install than others, so if you’re not handy, you may want to pay someone to do it for you.
Keep these factors in mind when choosing an automatic sump pump, and you’ll be sure to get the right one for your needs.