Storm Damage Cleanup Companies In Putnam Lake, NY
Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc. is the company to call if you need storm damage cleanup services in Putnam Lake, NY. We have a well-established reputation for professional and courteous service. We follow all protocol guidelines issued by local, state, and federal agencies to ensure your safety during the cleanup. Our employees are ready to take your call; we are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Scouring the web to learn about Strom Damage Cleanup services in Putnam County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s professionals can help. Call 845-382-8222 and speak to a professional Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup Business and learn more about our Strom Damage Cleanup methods.
h2>Types of Storm Damage In Putnam Lake?
There are various types of storms or weather events that occur in our nation. While we do not all experience the same storms, we all face possible storm damage of some sort. Damage from storms is one of the leading causes of insurance company claims. A home can be battered by water, hail, and wind.
- Roof damage - Wind can tear off all or part of a roof; hail can do almost the same damage. Flying debris, even trees, can slam into a roof and leave gaps or cracks. The roof is not more vulnerable to water intrusion.
- Siding damage - Hail can damage siding upon impact, leaving indented marks. It would be like like tiny little bullets attacking your home.
- Foundation damage - Ground that has been saturated by flooding or heavy rains can unsettle a home's foundation. Even concrete and other masonry products can absorb water leading to possible loss in the strength of the material.
- Windows and doors- Wind can throw debris at windows and doors, causing breakage of the glass or general disfigurement. Water can also intrude through, and harm, the structure or framing of windows and doors.
- Electrical systems - Surge events or lightning strikes can cause severe damage to any electrical systems or equipment in the home and can cause electrical fires.
- Interior damage - The most significant cause of damage to the interior of a home is water intrusion. Water can work its way into every crevice available to it and can ruin building materials and a home's furnishings. Mold may develop given the right conditions.
- Total home devastation - Sadly, there are devastating storm events such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods with storm surges, and typhoons that can either totally or partially destroy a structure.
Do you need Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup services in Putnam County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified professionals can help. Call 845-382-8222 now to talk to a professional Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup Company today and learn more about our Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup methods.
Protecting Your Home From Storm Damage in Putnam Lake, NY?
There are many steps that a homeowner can take to safeguard your home from storm damage. It would be wise for homeowners to review their insurance policies. Make sure they reflect coverage for the type of storms you may encounter given your location in the country. And make sure that all premiums up to date. Here are ten tips for other steps that you might take.
- Have surge protectors for all electronics and do not use electronics during a storm.
- Make sure that all the seals on your windows and doors are intact.
- If you have a fence, ensure that all parts are in good shape and connected.
- Trim trees and shrubs to remove dead branches or branches that may be a danger to your home. It might be wise not to have branches on the ground as well.
- Install coverings for your windows that are permanent. Or you may have coverings, such as wood panels, that you can use only when a storm approaches. Make sure the wood is precut to fit each window and that each is clearly labeled to indicate which window it belongs to.
- Check all roof shingles and the siding on your home. Replace any worn shingles or loose shingles or siding.
- All of the dirt around your home should be graded to have water flow away from your home's foundation. The Department of Energy recommends six inches per ten feet.
- Keep all of your downspouts and gutters free of debris so that there are no clogs.
- Garage doors can be reinforced.
- If you have installed sump pumps or other drainage equipment in your crawl space or basement, make sure that they are fully operational.
Have need of Strom Damage Cleanup services in Putnam County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified perofessionals can help. Call 845-382-8222 now to talk to a specialist Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup Contractor today and learn more about our Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup methods.
Should I Handle Storm Damage Cleanup Myself In My Putnam Lake, New York?
Storm damage cleanup should be left to a professional if the storm has caused water intrusion or there is structural damage. If there has been water intrusion, they will have the water extraction and drying equipment necessary. With regards to the drying process, different temperatures, techniques, and times are required depending on the material to be dried. Decisions as to what contents and building materials can be salvaged need to be made. If the damage to the home is extensive, it may even be unsafe to enter the house. An assessment of the home's condition - electrical, mechanical, and structural, should be made. If water was involved, then the EPA warns that mold may develop and that the water may be contaminated, affecting the air quality in the home. Those situations call for someone experienced in wearing the proper safety gear following OSHA regulations be on site. If mold is determined to be present, then containment and negative air pressure will need to be set up before the mold is removed. Sanitization may need to accomplished using the appropriate products. Other debris may need to be hauled away and may involve heavy equipment. As you can see, cleanup may be a complicated process involving the assessment and remediation of multiple types of damage.
If you are hunting for Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup services in Putnam County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified specialists can help. Call 845-382-8222 now to talk to a consultant Strom Damage Cleanup Company and learn more about our Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup methods.
LOCAL SERVICE AREA
SERVICE AREA COUNTY
SERVICES AREA CITIES
SERVICE AREA ZIP CODES
- Water Removal in Putnam Lake, New York, 10509
- Sewage Cleanup in Putnam Lake, New York, 10509
- Mold Remediation in Putnam Lake, New York, 10509
- Construction Services in Putnam Lake, New York, 10509
- Snow and Ice Damage Repair in Putnam Lake, New York, 10509
- Infection Control in Putnam Lake, New York, 10509
- Biohazard Cleanup in Putnam Lake, New York, 10509
- Fire Damage Restoration in Putnam Lake, New York, 10509