Storm Damage Cleanup Companies In Mahwah, NJ
When you face the daunting task of cleaning up after storms, call Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc. at 845-382-8222. Our company has the experience, certifications and expertise to handle storm damage cleanup efficiently in Mahwah, NJ. Our company follows following all industry standards and federal, local, and state guidelines. Our reputation for courteous service and prompt service means that we are at the ready to answer your call 24/7!
Considering Strom Damage Cleanup services in Bergen County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified experts can help. Call 845-382-8222 and speak to a specialist Strom Damage Cleanup Company and learn more about our Strom Damage Cleanup methods.
h2>Types of Storm Damage In Mahwah?
There are various types of storms or weather events that occur in our nation. While we do not all experience the same storms, we all face possible storm damage of some sort. Damage from storms is one of the leading causes of insurance company claims. A home can be battered by water, hail, and wind.
- Roof damage - Wind can tear off all or part of a roof; hail can do almost the same damage. Flying debris, even trees, can slam into a roof and leave gaps or cracks. The roof is not more vulnerable to water intrusion.
- Siding damage - Hail can damage siding upon impact, leaving indented marks. It would be like like tiny little bullets attacking your home.
- Foundation damage - Ground that has been saturated by flooding or heavy rains can unsettle a home's foundation. Even concrete and other masonry products can absorb water leading to possible loss in the strength of the material.
- Windows and doors- Wind can throw debris at windows and doors, causing breakage of the glass or general disfigurement. Water can also intrude through, and harm, the structure or framing of windows and doors.
- Electrical systems - Surge events or lightning strikes can cause severe damage to any electrical systems or equipment in the home and can cause electrical fires.
- Interior damage - The most significant cause of damage to the interior of a home is water intrusion. Water can work its way into every crevice available to it and can ruin building materials and a home's furnishings. Mold may develop given the right conditions.
- Total home devastation - Sadly, there are devastating storm events such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods with storm surges, and typhoons that can either totally or partially destroy a structure.
Want or need Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup services in Bergen County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s skilled experts can help. Call us at 845-382-8222 to talk to a professional Strom Damage Cleanup Contractor today and learn more about our Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup methods.
Protecting Your Home From Storm Damage in Mahwah, NJ?
Be proactive and take steps to minimize or eliminate damage to your home due to storms. An essential piece for you to consider is your home owner's insurance. Is your policy up to date, and does it reflect actual replacement values that you might need given a loss? Ten other steps that you can take are outlined here as well.
- Your ground should be sloped away from your house. The Department of Energy recommendation is six inches for every ten feet. This will keep water flowing away - not directed at - your home.
- Sump pumps or other water removal systems in your basement or crawl space should be maintained and checked regularly to ensure that sure they are operating at full efficiency.
- Surge protectors should be used in your home for all electronic devices. During any storm, you should not use electronics.
- Roof shingles should not be excessively worn, chipped, or missing. Verify that any siding on the home is secure.
- Seals around all windows and doors should be tight to prevent water intrusion.
- Garage doors can be reinforced.
- Professionally installed permanent storm coverings for windows may be used. Other homeowners have coverings available - typically of wood - for use when needed. If window coverings are portable, make sure that the coverings are already cut to fit. They each should be labeled clearly to indicate which window the covering should be affixed to.
- Trim trees and bushes to remove dead branches. You may even want to remove any trees that may fall on your home. Also, make sure that there are not dead branches lying around in your yard.
- Fences, if installed, should be in good condition with no loose parts that become flying debris.
- Regulary inspect your gutters and downspouts to make sure they are free of debris and unclogged to allow for proper movement of water away from your roof.
Scouring the web to learn about Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup services in Bergen County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s professionals can help. Call 845-382-8222 and speak to a professional Strom Damage Cleanup Service and learn more about our Strom Damage Cleanup methods.
Should I Handle Storm Damage Cleanup Myself In My Mahwah, New Jersey?
Storm damage cleanup should be left to a professional if the storm has caused water intrusion or there is structural damage. If there has been water intrusion, they will have the water extraction and drying equipment necessary. With regards to the drying process, different temperatures, techniques, and times are required depending on the material to be dried. Decisions as to what contents and building materials can be salvaged need to be made. If the damage to the home is extensive, it may even be unsafe to enter the house. An assessment of the home's condition - electrical, mechanical, and structural, should be made. If water was involved, then the EPA warns that mold may develop and that the water may be contaminated, affecting the air quality in the home. Those situations call for someone experienced in wearing the proper safety gear following OSHA regulations be on site. If mold is determined to be present, then containment and negative air pressure will need to be set up before the mold is removed. Sanitization may need to accomplished using the appropriate products. Other debris may need to be hauled away and may involve heavy equipment. As you can see, cleanup may be a complicated process involving the assessment and remediation of multiple types of damage.
Checking out Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup services in Bergen County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified experts can help. Call 845-382-8222 today to talk to a professional Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup Business and learn more about our Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup methods.
LOCAL SERVICE AREA
SERVICE AREA COUNTY
SERVICES AREA CITIES
SERVICE AREA ZIP CODES
- Snow and Ice Damage Repair in Mahwah, New Jersey, 07430
- Infection Control in Mahwah, New Jersey, 07430
- Mold Remediation in Mahwah, New Jersey, 07430
- Biohazard Cleanup in Mahwah, New Jersey, 07430
- Construction Services in Mahwah, New Jersey, 07430
- Fire Damage Restoration in Mahwah, New Jersey, 07430
- Sewage Cleanup in Mahwah, New Jersey, 07430
- Water Removal in Mahwah, New Jersey, 07430