Storm Damage Cleanup Companies In Franklin Lakes, NJ
Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc. is the company to call if you need storm damage cleanup services in Franklin Lakes, NJ. We have a well-established reputation for professional and courteous service. We follow all protocol guidelines issued by local, state, and federal agencies to ensure your safety during the cleanup. Our employees are ready to take your call; we are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Searching for Strom Damage Cleanup services in Bergen County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified professionals can help. Call us at 845-382-8222 and talk to a professional Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup Business today and learn more about our Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup methods.
Types of Storm Damage In Franklin Lakes?
Storms of varying intensities are a fact of life in our world. And these storms can have a devastating effect on some part or parts of our home's structure. Insurance companies report that one of the most significant causes of claims in our country are storms. Storms can produce the wind, water, and hail that damage a home.
- Foundation damage - Saturated ground from rain events can cause cracking and uneven settlement in a house's foundation due to loss of structural integrity.
- Roof damage- Roofs- or parts of a roof - may be blown off by the wind. And wind can cause flying debris and even trees to impact a roof. A roof can be damaged by water if there are any points of entry - no matter how small.
- Interior damage- Water can create havoc on the inside of a home. Structural parts, building materials, and the contents of a home all may fall victim to storm surges, floods, and heavy rains.
- Electrical damage - The Insurance Institute reports that homeowners made 908.9 million dollars in claims related to lightning in 2018, with an average claim of $11,688. The main electrical system and electronics are all subject to damage.
- Siding damage- Hail can dent siding, causing the need for siding replacement. Wind can pull off any number of pieces of siding.
- Doors and windows- Flying debris can break any glass in doors or windows. If water is involved, that water can enter through any gap or crack and lead to deterioration of a window or door's framing system.
- Total home catastrophe - Severe events such as hurricanes, typhoons, floods, tornadoes, and storm surges can lead to the complete loss of a home or major damage at the least.
If you are considering Strom Damage Cleanup services in Bergen County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified professionals can help. Call us now at 845-382-8222 to talk to a professional Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup Business today and learn more about our Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup methods.
Protecting Your Home From Storm Damage in Franklin Lakes, NJ
There are numerous safety measures that you can take to help defend your home against storm damage. The first might be to make sure that your insurance policies are in force and reflect the types of storms that you are likely to face based on your location in the country. Here are some suggestions. There are other steps you can take, here are ten.
- Make sure that all of your siding and roofing materials are secured.
- Keep your gutters and downspouts unclogged.
- Your yard should be graded to lead water away from your home. Six inches for every ten feet is the recommended slope from the Department of Energy.
- All windows and doors seals should be intact.
- Keep your trees and shrubs trimmed of dead branches and make sure that there are not dead branches lying on the ground near your home.
- If you have a fence, make sure that all its parts are in good condition.
- If you have a sump pump or other type of drainage system in your basement or crawlspace, make sure that it works.
- Consider installing storm coverings for your windows or have coverings for your windows available. Make sure that any non-attached coverings (usually of wood or aluminum) are already cut to size for all windows. Each section should be labeled each with the location of the window it is used for. Any doors with glass should be protected as well.
- Garage doors can be reinforced.
- Make sure that you have surge protectors on all your electronics and do not use electronics if there is a storm!
Want or need Strom Damage Cleanup services in Bergen County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s skilled experts can help. Call us at 845-382-8222 to talk to a professional Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup Contractor today and learn more about our Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup methods.
Should I Handle Storm Damage Cleanup Myself In My Franklin Lakes, New Jersey?
Storm damage cleanup should be left to a professional if the storm has caused water intrusion or there is structural damage. If there has been water intrusion, they will have the water extraction and drying equipment necessary. With regards to the drying process, different temperatures, techniques, and times are required depending on the material to be dried. Decisions as to what contents and building materials can be salvaged need to be made. If the damage to the home is extensive, it may even be unsafe to enter the house. An assessment of the home's condition - electrical, mechanical, and structural, should be made. If water was involved, then the EPA warns that mold may develop and that the water may be contaminated, affecting the air quality in the home. Those situations call for someone experienced in wearing the proper safety gear following OSHA regulations be on site. If mold is determined to be present, then containment and negative air pressure will need to be set up before the mold is removed. Sanitization may need to accomplished using the appropriate products. Other debris may need to be hauled away and may involve heavy equipment. As you can see, cleanup may be a complicated process involving the assessment and remediation of multiple types of damage.
If you are hunting for Strom Damage Cleanup services in Bergen County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified specialists can help. Call 845-382-8222 now to talk to a consultant Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup Contractor and learn more about our Strom Damage Cleanup methods.
LOCAL SERVICE AREA
SERVICE AREA COUNTY
SERVICES AREA CITIES
SERVICE AREA ZIP CODES
- Infection Control in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, 07417
- Biohazard Cleanup in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, 07417
- Construction Services in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, 07417
- Sewage Cleanup in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, 07417
- Mold Remediation in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, 07417
- Fire Damage Restoration in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, 07417
- Water Removal in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, 07417
- Snow and Ice Damage Repair in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, 07417