Storm Damage Cleanup Companies In Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc. is the company to call if you need storm damage cleanup services in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. We have a well-established reputation for professional and courteous service. We follow all protocol guidelines issued by local, state, and federal agencies to ensure your safety during the cleanup. Our employees are ready to take your call; we are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Do you need Strom Damage Cleanup services in Bergen County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified professionals can help. Call 845-382-8222 now to talk to a professional Strom Damage Cleanup Company today and learn more about our Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup methods.
Types of Storm Damage In Englewood Cliffs?
Storms of varying intensities are a fact of life in our world. And these storms can have a devastating effect on some part or parts of our home's structure. Insurance companies report that one of the most significant causes of claims in our country are storms. Storms can produce the wind, water, and hail that damage a home.
- Foundation damage - Saturated ground from rain events can cause cracking and uneven settlement in a house's foundation due to loss of structural integrity.
- Roof damage- Roofs- or parts of a roof - may be blown off by the wind. And wind can cause flying debris and even trees to impact a roof. A roof can be damaged by water if there are any points of entry - no matter how small.
- Interior damage- Water can create havoc on the inside of a home. Structural parts, building materials, and the contents of a home all may fall victim to storm surges, floods, and heavy rains.
- Electrical damage - The Insurance Institute reports that homeowners made 908.9 million dollars in claims related to lightning in 2018, with an average claim of $11,688. The main electrical system and electronics are all subject to damage.
- Siding damage- Hail can dent siding, causing the need for siding replacement. Wind can pull off any number of pieces of siding.
- Doors and windows- Flying debris can break any glass in doors or windows. If water is involved, that water can enter through any gap or crack and lead to deterioration of a window or door's framing system.
- Total home catastrophe - Severe events such as hurricanes, typhoons, floods, tornadoes, and storm surges can lead to the complete loss of a home or major damage at the least.
Trying to find Strom Damage Cleanup services in Bergen County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s specialists can help. Call 845-382-8222 now to talk to a professional Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup Company and learn more about our Strom Damage Cleanup methods.
Protecting Your Home From Storm Damage in Englewood Cliffs, NJ?
There are many steps that a homeowner can take to safeguard your home from storm damage. It would be wise for homeowners to review their insurance policies. Make sure they reflect coverage for the type of storms you may encounter given your location in the country. And make sure that all premiums up to date. Here are ten tips for other steps that you might take.
- Have surge protectors for all electronics and do not use electronics during a storm.
- Make sure that all the seals on your windows and doors are intact.
- If you have a fence, ensure that all parts are in good shape and connected.
- Trim trees and shrubs to remove dead branches or branches that may be a danger to your home. It might be wise not to have branches on the ground as well.
- Install coverings for your windows that are permanent. Or you may have coverings, such as wood panels, that you can use only when a storm approaches. Make sure the wood is precut to fit each window and that each is clearly labeled to indicate which window it belongs to.
- Check all roof shingles and the siding on your home. Replace any worn shingles or loose shingles or siding.
- All of the dirt around your home should be graded to have water flow away from your home's foundation. The Department of Energy recommends six inches per ten feet.
- Keep all of your downspouts and gutters free of debris so that there are no clogs.
- Garage doors can be reinforced.
- If you have installed sump pumps or other drainage equipment in your crawl space or basement, make sure that they are fully operational.
Trying to locate Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup services in Bergen County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s professionals are there to help. Call 845-382-8222 now to talk to a professional Strom Damage Cleanup Service today and learn more about our successful Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup methods.
Should I Handle Storm Damage Cleanup Myself In My Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey?
Storm damage cleanup should be left to a professional if the storm has caused water intrusion or there is structural damage. If there has been water intrusion, they will have the water extraction and drying equipment necessary. With regards to the drying process, different temperatures, techniques, and times are required depending on the material to be dried. Decisions as to what contents and building materials can be salvaged need to be made. If the damage to the home is extensive, it may even be unsafe to enter the house. An assessment of the home's condition - electrical, mechanical, and structural, should be made. If water was involved, then the EPA warns that mold may develop and that the water may be contaminated, affecting the air quality in the home. Those situations call for someone experienced in wearing the proper safety gear following OSHA regulations be on site. If mold is determined to be present, then containment and negative air pressure will need to be set up before the mold is removed. Sanitization may need to accomplished using the appropriate products. Other debris may need to be hauled away and may involve heavy equipment. As you can see, cleanup may be a complicated process involving the assessment and remediation of multiple types of damage.
If you are considering Strom Damage Cleanup services in Bergen County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified professionals can help. Call us now at 845-382-8222 to talk to a professional Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup Company today and learn more about our Strom Damage Cleanup methods.
LOCAL SERVICE AREA
SERVICE AREA COUNTY
SERVICES AREA CITIES
Westwood, Woodcliff Lake, Wood-Ridge, Wyckoff, Washington
SERVICE AREA ZIP CODES
- Snow and Ice Damage Repair in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 07632
- Infection Control in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 07632
- Biohazard Cleanup in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 07632
- Construction Services in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 07632
- Sewage Cleanup in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 07632
- Mold Remediation in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 07632
- Fire Damage Restoration in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 07632
- Water Removal in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 07632