Storm Damage Cleanup Companies In Delaware, PA
Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc. is the company to call if you need storm damage cleanup services in Delaware, PA. We have a well-established reputation for professional and courteous service. We follow all protocol guidelines issued by local, state, and federal agencies to ensure your safety during the cleanup. Our employees are ready to take your call; we are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Wondering who to hire for your Strom Damage Cleanup needs in Pike County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified professionals will help. Call 845-382-8222 now to speak to a professional Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup Service today and learn more about our Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup methods.
Types of Storm Damage In Delaware?
Every corner of the country is vulnerable to storm damage. Storms are a leading cause of insurance claims in the United States. The entire structure of a home may suffer varying degrees of injury as a result of a storm. Storm damage may occur from many types of storms. Hail, wind, cold weather storms, and water can devastate a home.
- Total loss of home- Major natural catastrophes such as hurricanes, typhoons, storm surges, and tornadoes can mean the partial or complete destruction of a structure.
- Electrical systems- Lightning strikes can damage a home's electrical system and lead to fires in the house. According to the Insurance Institute, 2018 saw 77,898 claims made for damage due to lightning strikes.
- Roof damage- Hail can chip away at roofing materials. Wind can tear away parts or all of a roof. Trees or branches and other flying debris can cause holes or cracks in the roof structure. Water produced by storms can creep into any gaps or cracks or holes in the roof or parts of its related systems such as gutters.
- Siding damage - Wind can take off siding - a piece or two or many sections. Hail can dent and disfigure siding. Gaps in siding can allow water penetration if there are driving winds.
- Windows and door damage- Flying debris can break windows. Any cracks in door and window frames can allow water intrusion. The saturated ground may cause uneven settling and cause misalignment of windows and doors.
- Foundation damage- Water can infiltrate even concrete and masonry materials, leading to reduced strength over time. Flooding can cause movement of foundation walls.
- Interior damage - Water intrusion is the most common cause of damage to the interior of a home. Water - and the mold that can develop as a result. Both the structure and the contents of a home may be affected.
Do you have to locate Strom Damage Cleanup services in Pike County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified professionals can help. Call us today at 845-382-8222 and speak to a professional Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup Business to learn more about our Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup methods.
Protecting Your Home From Storm Damage in Delaware, PA?
Be proactive and take steps to minimize or eliminate damage to your home due to storms. An essential piece for you to consider is your home owner's insurance. Is your policy up to date, and does it reflect actual replacement values that you might need given a loss? Ten other steps that you can take are outlined here as well.
- Your ground should be sloped away from your house. The Department of Energy recommendation is six inches for every ten feet. This will keep water flowing away - not directed at - your home.
- Sump pumps or other water removal systems in your basement or crawl space should be maintained and checked regularly to ensure that sure they are operating at full efficiency.
- Surge protectors should be used in your home for all electronic devices. During any storm, you should not use electronics.
- Roof shingles should not be excessively worn, chipped, or missing. Verify that any siding on the home is secure.
- Seals around all windows and doors should be tight to prevent water intrusion.
- Garage doors can be reinforced.
- Professionally installed permanent storm coverings for windows may be used. Other homeowners have coverings available - typically of wood - for use when needed. If window coverings are portable, make sure that the coverings are already cut to fit. They each should be labeled clearly to indicate which window the covering should be affixed to.
- Trim trees and bushes to remove dead branches. You may even want to remove any trees that may fall on your home. Also, make sure that there are not dead branches lying around in your yard.
- Fences, if installed, should be in good condition with no loose parts that become flying debris.
- Regulary inspect your gutters and downspouts to make sure they are free of debris and unclogged to allow for proper movement of water away from your roof.
Trying to find Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup services in Pike County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s specialists can help. Call 845-382-8222 now to talk to a professional Strom and Wind Damage Cleanup Contractor and learn more about our Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup methods.
Should I Handle Storm Damage Cleanup Myself In My Delaware, Pennsylvania?
Storm damage cleanup should be left to a professional if the storm has caused water intrusion or there is structural damage. If there has been water intrusion, they will have the water extraction and drying equipment necessary. With regards to the drying process, different temperatures, techniques, and times are required depending on the material to be dried. Decisions as to what contents and building materials can be salvaged need to be made. If the damage to the home is extensive, it may even be unsafe to enter the house. An assessment of the home's condition - electrical, mechanical, and structural, should be made. If water was involved, then the EPA warns that mold may develop and that the water may be contaminated, affecting the air quality in the home. Those situations call for someone experienced in wearing the proper safety gear following OSHA regulations be on site. If mold is determined to be present, then containment and negative air pressure will need to be set up before the mold is removed. Sanitization may need to accomplished using the appropriate products. Other debris may need to be hauled away and may involve heavy equipment. As you can see, cleanup may be a complicated process involving the assessment and remediation of multiple types of damage.
If you need Strom Damage Cleanup services in Pike County, Advanced Disaster Recovery Inc.'s certified professionals can help. Call 845-382-8222 now to talk to a professional Strom Damage Cleanup today and learn more about our Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup methods.
LOCAL SERVICE AREA
SERVICE AREA COUNTY
SERVICES AREA CITIES
SERVICE AREA ZIP CODES
- Fire Damage Restoration in Delaware, Pennsylvania, 18328
- Biohazard Cleanup in Delaware, Pennsylvania, 18328
- Water Removal in Delaware, Pennsylvania, 18328
- Snow and Ice Damage Repair in Delaware, Pennsylvania, 18328
- Sewage Cleanup in Delaware, Pennsylvania, 18328
- Construction Services in Delaware, Pennsylvania, 18328
- Infection Control in Delaware, Pennsylvania, 18328
- Mold Remediation in Delaware, Pennsylvania, 18328